Thursday, April 3, 2008

Put A Gun to My Head In November

I am so unhappy. I am so discouraged. I am not feeling like a good Democrat. How can I even think about voting for John McCain? I've been  a Democrat for many years, occasionally voting Republican when the candidate was actually more liberal than the candidate offered by my own party, but those instances have been rare. And though I admired McCain in the past he seems to have moved further right, to be less of a maverick than he was in the days when he denounced big name evangelicals as agents of intolerance.

The likelihood that I'll be able to vote for Hillary in November seems to be dwindling. I try to imagine pulling the lever for Obama and I just don't know if I can do it.

I admire Hillary Clinton so much, much more as I've seen her struggle through this campaign than I did at the outset. Her strength amazes me. And it utterly depresses me to see how someone who has worked as long and as hard as she has for the causes that are dearest to the heart of our party could be treated so shabbily by so many Democrats. The calls for her to get out of the race infuriate me.


Did you see the Jon Stewart clip -- Too Much Democracy? Check it out on youtube.

God help me -- they're now debating on MSNBC if Hillary is playing the "race card" by saying she can beat John McCain and Barack Obama can't. This is just insane.


I don't think I can vote Republican in November but I might have to write in Hillary or my cat -- at least I trust their experience.








No comments: